Thursday, October 24, 2013

Motives

On the way home, I read Nina's shared link on Facebook, which contained advice as to how to further develop a character and the story in general.

To paraphrase:

"Your main main character has to want something really bad. And how he/she gets it is the whole driving force of the story - no matter how complex his/her goals / motivations / obsessions are."

I plan to put it down on the brand-spankin' new notebook that Nina didn't want for herself. What keeps me from doing that - aside from the lure of procrastination - is that it's cool, black cover is calling out to me to put a design on it! I immediately thought about the silver and gold pens. I don't know if we have some, but I plan on getting a pair soon. I've only used it once, way back in college, to decorate a dark blue paper which I made as a cover to one of my college notebooks. The design was a silver warrior, half-body, on the lower left corner, with a gleaming sword in-hand; a gold eagle at the upper right corner, it's wings are along the borders of the paper and shedding a feather or two; a star, cross-shaped, of both silver and gold, signifying God; the words "be not afraid" and "Seek His kingdom". I kept it in my personal tings and somehow, Matt got to see it too. He liked it so much that it's now posted on the all of his room.

It's close to the start of NaNoWriMo and I have to at least lay down the foundations and support structures for my story. It's all coming in a trickle.

I'm blessed to even have a trickle of thought to support it, anyway!

Among today's 'pools' of insight and imagination are:

- Arcologies 
- Motivations and goals of my main characters
- A plot twist that I didn't expect to come up with (regarding the antagonists)

I can't reveal too much information yet. But, that's all for now. My creative juices have dried up... for now.


-  transcribed, 22 October 2013, Riverfront, 10:02 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment