Thursday, October 17, 2013

Introductions

There is a story wanting to be told.

A universe waiting to burst forth from my mind.

It has been incubating  since my high school days - when I was well into my Star Trek novels phase.

There is a part of me that wants to sit all day either with pen-and-paper or a laptop, sitting idly on our balcony overlooking the clubhouse, and putting it all down. I let the dam break; let looses the waters of thought and imagination and see it further break down the walls, further breaking forth in torrents and waves.

But with it, the devastation of my clockwork life. I have a family to take care of; to feed and nurture.

The dam of my mind needs to be there. It needs to regulate the urge and excitement. I have to re-purpose it to flow through turbines for energy, and for irrigation, to make it useful for growing.

As the waters build up, I have to write some down; to make it work; and for my overall sanity.

***

It's funny how I find myself grabbing pen-and-paper again. What with my advocacy of using technology and all. But gadgets loose power and my mind is still racing with thoughts.

There's still no replacing the control you have using pen and paper. Technology is undoubtedly catching up. But until I'm satisfied with how it feels (yes, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note), it's better to use this for now.

***

I'm still debating if I would open a new blog for all my writings (well, guess which side won?). It's hard to strike a balance between wanting my thought be heard (or read, in this case) and fearing some of my ideas will be stolen and used by others.

Maybe I'll just use it as a sounding board. Or a discussion board on theories and worlding. But the story will remain mine...

... or God's. It still is my goal to write Christian Sci-fi; to somehow impart morality and values into an otherwise secular frontier. I just pray I will be a worthy instrument.

It won't be a gospel, but more of a parable. And a future full of hope.


- transcribed, 16 Oct 13, Highlands Coffee, while waiting for Matt's school to finish

No comments:

Post a Comment